Posts tagged books
Posts tagged books
Recommendations for your first classic.
We have loads of fashion books, folios, magazines and online resources at our libraries. Covering everything from fashion history, sewing, weddings, shoes, designers, biographies, style tips and vintage for a start! We subscribe to BERG Fashion Library, login with your library card http://www.bergfashionlibrary.com/
See the full fashion album on Facebook
Can’t resist a cat in the library picture!
De mulieribus claris (On Famous Women) is a collection of biographies of historical and mythological women by the Florentine author Giovanni Boccaccio, first published in 1374. It is notable as the first collection devoted exclusively to biographies of women in Western literature.
These illustrations are from an illuminated edition of the book, probably 15th century, by an unknown artist and currently in the National library of France.
How do Wordless picture books support one becoming a more thoughtful and sophisticated reader and encourage a love of literature?
• Encourage imagination and creative thinking.
• Increase vocabulary and language skills.
• Foster problem solving skills and pre-reading skills
• Build social and emotional skills by allowing children to use pictures to convey feelings.
More staff faves! Not necessarily all published in 2013, but found, read and adored by our staff. For more staff picks, check out our Facebook album
Photos of our newly renovated Ashburton Library and Community Centre! Looks amazing! We hope to see you exploring this great new space and join us for a series of free ‘Welcome Back Ashburton' events in December!
Book talk reads 2013
Here are some of the great reads that staff have recommended at our 2013 booktalks www.boroondara.vic.gov.au/libraries/events/for-adults/booktalks
Art by Andrea Musso http://ebks.to/1bljNhv
A few of the best reads from library staff. Stay tuned for more titles as we promote the Launch of our Summer Reading Programhttp://bit.ly/summreads
Check out this and many more albums on our Facebook page
Mr. Ned Stark
Bookopoly! Celebrating the classics, love it!
Shelves (made from antique picture frames), from amanda farah
Ten Books for Short Story Lovers
- The Steppe and Other Stories - Anton Chekhov
- Collected Stories - Isaac Babel
- Because They Wanted To - Mary Gaitskill
- Girl With Curious Hair - David Foster Wallace
- Selected Stories - Eudora Welty
- Little Kingdoms - Steven Millhauser
- Dubliners - James Joyce
- What Was Mine - Ann Beattie
- Like Life - Lorrie Moore
- A Good Man is Hard to Find - Flannery O’Connor